The department has established a research committee which will work to strengthen our research profile by securing external research funding.
The committee will
- discuss the department’s strategies for securing external research funding
- identify relevant sources and calls
- maintain focus on all opportunities for external funding
- encourage academic staff to respond to relevant calls
- contribute to a high success rate by identifying sponsors and applicants at an early stage and making sure that applicants have sufficient time to write convincing applications
- offer applicants relevant guidance on applications, either by the members of the committee or by other members of staff
- assist with specific advice regarding the application process.
We encourage potential applicants to contact the head of department well ahead of the deadline (at least one month before, preferably earlier). The applicant and the research committee will then plan a process for optimising the individual application.